Thursday, July 07, 2005

Wednesday

Did almost nothing on the Appetite document.

I did start training my undergrad research assistant on scoring the GRISMS, which I will be using for both the mini-study and my dissertation. So I guess I made some progress on both of those projects. (I'm training my assistant by way of learning it myself.)

Also responded to an email from Dr. M. regarding the status of my HSRC proposal, in which he basically just wanted me to add a few lines of text to the bottom of the informed consent section and email it back, which I did.

He also mentioned something about how my changes to the consent form based on the checklist will make it easier for the participants to understand it. I have no idea what he's talking about, because I haven't made any changes to it other than adding the HSRC contact information. I had already used the checklist when constructing the thing in the first place.

I think the HSRC committee members are either completely mad or reading some random document that isn't my proposal, based on their comments.

Nevertheless, it looks like I will soon be allowed to begin data collection.

2 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger goethe3 said...

I like your organization and "Begin with the end in mind" attitude.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger liz said...

A to-do list just never shows what you've already accomplished, does it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home