Friday, December 28, 2007

Almost There

My defense is set for January 11th, 2008!

I have the room reserved and my committee have had their copies of the manuscript for several weeks.

It has been really hard completing this work with baby in the picture. I don't know how I could have done it without my husband quitting his job to take care of him.

I have been away at my internship weekdays about 10-11 hours a day (counting from when I leave to when I return), and then on weekends we've done nothing but get my diss worked on. Meaning, I worked on it while husband took care of baby.

So we've both been doing about 70-hour weeks towards my degree. That's counting my internship and dissertation hours, and my husband's baby care hours (but not my baby care hours which start where his leave off.)

It has been a huge relief for both--no, all of us--to finally get it done. Now my husband has weekends off of baby care and can do work towards his career.

Now I just have to write and give the defense presentation. I think I'm making it harder than it has to be, of course. But it's only two weeks away now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home